With the help of some of my Hemp/Cannabis activist friends, The National institute of health and other media outlets, I though I would do a post on the Endocannabinoid system.
Let’s start with:- Who/what species have an endocannabinoid system? All animals, including vertebrates (mammals, birds, reptiles, and fish) and invertebrates (sea urchins, leeches, mussels, nematodes, and others) have been found to have endocannabinoid systems. This is the first statement that comes up in a internet search. Here is the article that is attached to that statement.
Richard Carnell posted on Philip Anthony Bevington’s facebook page about the endocannabinoid system. This is what he had to say.
If the Endocannabinoid System was taught as part of the basic biology curriculum we all learn in school – it would go something like this…
“What I’m about to show you was discovered because of Cannabis and the Cannabinoids it makes – Cannabinoids are an entirely new class of chemicals which is a huge discovery on its own – but how important are they to the human body?
– Our bodies also make their own ‘Endocannabinoids’ from the Omega fats
– Importantly these Endocannabinoids are used in our bodies to both activate and modulate our cells using the cell membrane Cannabinoid Receptors that are attached to the cell membrane of every cell – that makes them part of our cellular biology and where the ECS is directly regulating – there are many of them attached to each cell (the scientists call that ‘high expression’ of these receptors)
-High expression is found in the brain, the immune system and the endocrine system so the ECS directly regulates neurotransmission, the immune system and hormones and it has a hand in everything else…
The metabolisation of Endocannabinoids from omega 6 and 3 takes time – though that gives us the opportunity to eat optimally and adjust the ‘ratio’ of Endocannabinoids that will be activating and modulating these receptors, the Endocannabinoid system is the largest, most concentrated and widespread neurotransmitting system in our bodies – neurotransmission is how our cells perform the functions that they do, how they are controlled and balanced to work optimally and with ease as they should, that’s what good health IS.
– So whilst the Endocannabinoid system isn’t everything – it is the most important thing to learn about and make changes if we want to remain healthy and effectively protect ourselves from all of the health conditions that plague us, that includes cancer, diabetes, heart disease, dementia, autoimmune conditions and everything else – this discovery really is THAT huge and important.
– Cannabis is ALSO able to activate AND modulate our receptors and faster than the omega metabolites because their metabolisation takes time and the ratio of omega 6 and omega 3 in our bodies takes time to change – but the Phytocannabinoids (Plant Cannabinoids) from Cannabis work much like the ‘active’ Omega Endocannabinoids which makes Cannabis an effective tool to adjust the ECS as needed as an effective treatment.
THC works much like the activating Endocannabinoids made from omega 6 (Anandamide and 2ag) CBD works much like the modulating Omega 3 Endocannabinoids but also other Omega 3 metabolites that aren’t Cannabinoids – at times scientists have wondered if CBD is a Cannabinoid at all, but actually it is and also more…
Additionally DHA from Omega 3 makes up part of the foundation of our cells and their receptors so we need enough of it compared to Omega 6 intake during our growth and development and before birth – the ECS will do the best it can as a regulating system without everything it needs but problems will gradually develop in our later years if they aren’t obvious much earlier.
Cannabis is a synergistic toolkit of ‘noids’ with (Cannabinoids, Flavonoids, Terpenoids and terpenes working synergistically together to far greater effect than the sum of its parts) – the natural variety of Cannabis strains gives us the opportunity to find a plant profile that works well for any condition or disease and improve it further from there using lab tests to find what’s working for each problem and looking for another strain higher in what is working or that has better synergy – thanks to the global decriminalisation of Cannabis we can now work together as a species to perfect Cannabis for everything we need it for.
On Science’s behalf, I’m sorry its taken more than 30 years for me to be able to reveal this about our cellular biology and how important it is for the management of our health, but medicine as we understand it is changing, along with our understanding of how the body uses inflammation and how the ECS regulates it – man isn’t smarter than nature as nature has shown us what we needed to know with Cannabis.
Modern medicine has made some very important discoveries and many are still valid and lifesaving, but they developed all of them whilst deliberately ignoring the most important system that is part of all of the others and regulates them – our health has suffered massively because knowledge of this system and its true relevance has been ignored whilst our diets evolved to harm us, but we know that now.
Cannabis was kept illegal due to the fear of THC but whilst problems do happen – it’s a preventable and fixable imbalance – think of THC as a power button and CBD as a dimmer switch, we were told too much power can be a bad thing and thats true and has been true of our diets – but they didn’t tell us about the dimmer switch, the ECS really IS the dimmer switch for our cellular health – we need the correct level of power and modulation for optimum cellular performance and optimal good heath.
– Unfortunately heavy Omega 6 cooking oils have been used because they have higher smoke points and longer shelf lifes – but it wasn’t realised how biologically active these Omega fats are and how damaging a distorted Omega ratio and the resulting overactivated ecs is to our health, instead we were told ‘fats are bad’ but actually the Omega fats contained the answers we needed and scientists only knew to look because of Cannabis, it has shown us the way…
Balance can be achieved dietarily or temporarily as an effective treatment with Cannabis but the best way is both, too much THC or Omega 6 can be a bad thing without enough CBD or Omega 3 and that’s also true of too much CBD and Omega 3 without enough THC and Omega 6 and because the target Is balance which isn’t possible without both – in some ways these are opposites that only together can create balance – this is also why different ratios of THC and CBD are used to effectively treat different conditions – the effects we experience from Cannabis will depend on the ratio of omega 6 and 3 metabolites we already have in our bodies, People that have problems using THC and don’t like the effect will have a more severe Omega 3 deficiency but if that happens – now we know we can just use CBD to turn the effect down to comfortable.
After enough people learned this simple truth – Governments weren’t able to justify keeping Cannabis illegal and criminalising people that use it though they did try and showed us who they really work for in the process, if a policy causes and defends Genocide which Cannabis prohibition did for too many years – we will learn the truth eventually – no one, especially an industry that profits from our ill-health and dis-ease has the right to dictate our health choices and what we are and aren’t allowed to use so that we don’t need them as much, a monopoly might be a good thing if it’s completely benevolent, but that isn’t what we had, now we know better and again because of Cannabis.
Now I have a video for you to watch about the true relevance of what we have allowed to be ignored for too long, I’m glad this is finally out there as part of the biology curriculum and I’m allowed to fully talk about it and the hope it brings for our future, this is also what we needed to learn these past 2 years because the ECS regulates the immune system – if we need to turn down severe symptoms from virus’s as an effective treatment – we needed a dimmer switch and we have one already – it’s part of every one of us written on all of our cells – but it wasn’t part of doctors, virologists or epidemiologists training…
Science can be amazing but it can also ignore the most important thing to know.
Welcome to your Endocannabinoid system – the bodies universal cellular regulator and the most important medical discovery ever made and because we are made of cells and ‘because’ every one of them has Cannabinoid Receptors.”
I also found this video that also has a visual presentation
This video from Aurora health who make medical cannabis products for UK patients. This is much more of a visual representation of the human body and where the endocannabinoid receptors are in the body.
Just incase you haven’t got enough to occupy yourself with here are a few articles and medical papers that will explain in more detail. Including which animals have an endocannabinoid system.
- The endocannabinoid system: an overview
- The endocannabinoid system of animals
- The endocannabinoid system: Essential & mysterious, from Harvard health
- An introduction to the endogenous cannabinoid system
- what is the endocannabinoid system, (Internet search)
- who has an endocannabinoid system, (Internet search)
- what species have an endocannabinoid system, (Internet search)
Philip Anthony Bevington also has a twitter account and you can also purchase his book, which is both heart breaking & heart warming.
I hope you all enjoy educating yourself on the endocannabinoid system. I still believe that it is the 85 years of prohibition of this plant as well as the pollution of fossil fuel use that is harming the planet beyond repair unless we start to embrace this plant as normal. Please help me and other patients and activists to start normalising the conversation around this plant. After all is not against the law to talk about this plant (at least not yet), it is not even against the law in the UK to purchase a cannabis seed, it only becomes illegal once you have started the germination process. Thank you for your time to read about the endocannabinoid system because it is crucial to life.
Leave a Reply